Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 am
Dear All,

Many thanks to Billy for volunteering to organise the first event of the season and also to Steen, Ian, Matt & Peter Hook for volunteering to officiate. It's always a relief to get the first one under way! However, Bernard, to whom we are indebted for doing the lions share of timekeeping for the series is unable to make the events on the 4th and the 11th.

So, we need a timekeeper for these events. Suzie has offered to help BUT she would only be prepared to do it if someone can chaperone her and ease the burden of responsibility. She's very good with numbers, being an accountant, but the helping hand of a seasoned campaigner would be much appreciated.

It's all good practise to encourage others to take on these rolls to ensure a degree of 'business continuity' so we are not relying on the goodwill of the few, or in this case Bernard, invariably supported by Dave I'Anson, all the time. Please let me know asap.

Kind regards David
TT Sec'
by G. Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:53 pm
Deadline note: we agreed this year that all marshal posts have to be filled by midnight Tuesday, i.e. if we don't have enough marshals and timekeepers by when we wake up on Wednesday morning, the event won't run - even if everyone does suddenly do a U-turn and decide they can help out after all!