Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Willy H Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 pm
I'm really disappointed in the ALDI offering! What, no roadbikes for £9.99? They're really not trying!

by Rob Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:28 pm
I got some of those winter gloves last year for £3 - wore them all winter and they're still going strong. Thought the style police were on the way to impound the overshoes though....

by Willy H Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 pm
I could not resist a trip to ALDI.
My £15 bought me:

1 pair of XL winterwarm cycling gloves, in colourways to match the new WillyWilier style.

2 pairs of strategically cushioned winter bike socks

3 bottles of Pinot Noir

I could not wait to try the XL gloves on. They are XL overall, but the fingers are not! Not only are the fingers 30mm short, and although having fingers stick out straight forward in no problem, getting them to bend round the bars will be interesting. But at least there ARE 5 fingers to each glove, so they've got something right.

Have not tried the socks on, but am prepared for interesting experiences.

The Pinot Noir will be no such surprise! It is a well-kept secret that this is top class stuff for the price. Fortunately Pinot Noir is an advanced taste, so my supplies will remain reliable!

So: verdict is: try before you buy! Hint: THE GLOVE WRAPPER WILL SELF-SEAL AGAIN. I found out too late!

by MarkA Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:08 pm
Winter "longs" for me
"longs" in quotes as they are not awfully long
Still overshoes should close the gap
Apart from that = bargain for £9.99

Apparently the store was inundated from early on
By lunchtime only two pairs left

In all seriousness if we had asked to stick a Clifton business card in every bag we might have picked up some new members.

Maybe next time?