Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DamianE Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm
Hello. Have seen sense and am avoiding BC races these days so it means I can do the Scotton this year. Has anyone got the route I can download to a garmin to follow or willing to show me this Sunday for a recce before the big event? Also, is it cross tyres or 28mm Gatorskins?
by JohnS Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 pm
Damian

There's a link to the route on ridewithgps (with ability to download a GPX file) on the main Clifton website (under Scotton 100) for the 2014 route and the link to Cycleworks page says they will issue a GPX file the week before. If you fancy a test ride on Sunday I'll be up for joining you, weather and time depending.

Only thing to note is there are a couple of sections that are private and only open on the event itself but should be able to work around.

Anyway let me know re Sunday.

In terms of tyres its your choice. Most ride cx but 28mm should work fine . Risk is the usual pinch punctures which maybe slightly higher with 28s and the sandy section before Aldwark can be a bit more difficult. To be fair I've never made it that far with the front group and as I'm usually in damage limitation mode at the point i.e. just trying not to collapse, tyre choice is a moot at that point anyway!

John
by DamianE Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 am
Cheers John. Definitely riding Sunday regardless of weather as it's my 'big ride day' aka 'outside for a change'. Let's see if anyone else fancies joining us otherwise I'll drop you a PM with mobile number on Friday.
by DavidShort Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 am
The Scotton this year is being run by Cycleworks. They are putting up loads of large very clear signs so there shouldn't be any problems with people getting lost. They are running two timed sections, off road, so riders will get a chip to stick on their helmets to trigger the timing points.

Cheers David
TT Sec'