Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm
Hope you all enjoyed the last weekend of winter?
Just the regulars for the Sunday ride. The wind howling down the Vale of Pickering, coupled with 50% of our peloton still a bit weak from the lurgy made us shorten the route. Steen had had a one-ride-stand with the A group a couple of months ago and learned of a lane out of Eberstone up to Dalby Forest Drive. This didn't save many miles, but detoured a few big hills. Sensible decision as we were all running on empty by the time we got back.

Spirograph on Sunday. More details to follow.
by Jon G Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm
12 out on Saturday for the A ride to Thorpe Perrow. Tough cross wind early on meant a splits in the peloton towards Helperby. Ian W left us near Tollerton :?: and then Rich turned for home at Asenby. Just a few miles from the cafe a comical tumble for two of us myself and Dave C when slowly passing some horses down a narrow lane near snape everybody stopped and we we had a domino effect of touching wheels. I collided with Dave and lost my balance and hit the deck. No harm done for me but Dave s bike took the brunt with damaged rear mech which expired post cafe which meant Dave and Ian h rode home together. The remaining eight riders with a strong tail wind made brisk progress back to York albeit on a fairly flat ride. Should be out Saturday on the Spirograph ride. :D

Jon