Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:08 pm
Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail from British Cycling this week, offering the opportunity to enter teams from British Cycling affiliated Clubs (i.e. Clifton C.C. in our case) into the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 event on Sunday the 30th. of July, 2017.

Teams will comprise of 4 riders and can be all-Male, all-Female or Mixed (2 male & 2 female). Each rider must be a member of British Cycling when the application is submitted and on the day of the event itself but Cat. 1 and Elite race licence-holders cannot enter through this process.

A number of our regular A-Riders were keen to enter and so I said that I'd coordinate entries. So we already have one all-male team consisting of Rich Chester, Tony Noon, Joe Freites and James Milner.

A maximum of 300 Teams are permitted to enter the event and if it is over-subscribed then there will be a ballot with priority given to Clubs with the most B.C. members.

The deadline for entry is next Monday, March the 13th.

If a Team is successful then each member of the Team must pay the £69 entry fee and complete an individual online entry form.

If you are a member of Clifton C.C. and British Cycling and feel you would like to be part of a Team then e-mail me at secretary@cliftoncc.org

Best regards,
Craig