Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Steen Berg Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 pm
Four of us in the Sq this week if you had to guess would it be PaulM Rob AndyG and Me ? if so you would be bang on.

Rob took a right before the climb to Castle Howard the fantastic weather conditions on Sunday could not compensate for having to put up with us three for another week. Also he had picked up that half term illness that teaches so often tell us about. Something to do with red pen overuse.
Mr G directed us on a great route right at Slingsby left at Barton le Street, Butterwick, Salton over the A170 to Hutton le Hole. The climb to the top of Chimney bank was a real pleasure in the winter sunshine. Paul made for home in Rosedale village. Leaving Andy and myself to find the Dale Head Farm Tea Garden. This is one cafe worth seeking out. Our grandfathers and grandmothers would have known places like this. Farmyards full of muck with farm kitchens full of great cake and tea. Try it you will not be disappointed.
Return via Cropton picking up a small lane out of Aislaby one of those with grass growing down the middle that never ever made it onto the bus route.
Back in York by 4 ish with with 135 km done we did spend bit of time at that cafe munching on cake.

Next week Osmotherley. Plenty of options for a half day if you find the Sunday Club run not to your taste for a full outing.

Also anyone know if the cafe in Osmotherley is still open it was up for sale in the Autumn last time I visited ?

Steen