Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by bernard turgoose Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 am
Managed to do the Reliability ride yesterday along with Dave I Anson, a total of 82 miles door to door, so the first time since last August that I have exceeded 80 miles in one ride, so quite pleased with our efforts. We took an early start only to be caught by the first of the fast groups near Hart Rigg Oaks before the ring road, but did manage to get almost to Sutton on Forest before the second group past us, after which we didn't see anyone else except for Dennis & John Cocker ( good to see John out again after his heart issues in 2016). A bit of rain around Ampleforth made the roads a bit slippy on the descent past Golden square caravan park, but overall not much else to report. This will be the first event on the 2017 Challenge Series, more details to follow when I have had the feed back on possible rides to be included. Bernard
by Rob Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:12 pm
Headed west on the Sunday Clubrun through Borobridge and Markington for a loop around Brimham Rocks. Cafe in Summerbridge and home through Nidderdale, Pannal and Wetherby. Fantastic day to be out. Still conditions, drying roads and very quiet. I was drinking tea in the kitchen at exactly 3pm with just under 130k covered.

Thanks for the company chaps.

Next Sunday - the southern Wolds.