Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by nolf Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:11 pm
Hey all,

Coming up to York in a few weeks time and this club was recommended to me on the old C+ forum.

Was just wandering if any1 could give me some help on where you meet on a Saturday Morning for the training ride?

Have only been to York once and (simple!) directions from the University would be greatly appreciated!!

Look forward to meeting you all in October!

by Arthur Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 pm
We meet in Exhibition Square. Most usefully for a uni student, it's right next to King's Manor (the archeology dept) so if you ask anyone how to get to King's Manor, that's where we are. The porters will have maps and directions.

Drop me an email if you want further details once you've up and I'll send you turn by turn details.

by nolf Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 pm
Ok thanks very much.

I arrive on the 7th so won't be at a club ride until the following weekend so it's not for a while, just doing a bit of planning.

Edit:

(had a look at google maps and doesn't look too complex- I'll do a few recce rides in my freshers week to find my landmarks and shud be ok! :)

Also is it a problem if I turn up in Replica CSC team kit for a while?
I'm afraid I don't own anything else.... :oops:

by Arthur Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 am
Wear whatever you want!

Cheers,

Arthur

by Dr Dave Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:02 pm
Although going by your user name I wouldn't recommend the Cate Archer look though ;)

by Rob Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:11 pm
Dr Dave wrote:Although going by your user name I wouldn't recommend the Cate Archer look though ;)

:? Think you may have to explain that one......

by stevesavage Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:35 pm
NOLF is an acronym for No One Lives Forever which is a computer game based loosely on a Bond theme where you play a female spy character called Cate Archer. I'm sure google will turn up some pictures.

I've never played it myself since I'm still trying to get off level 1 of Tomb Raider on my Playstation One.

When you're a teacher Rob you will have to get upto speed with these things!

by andymcg Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 pm
Might I add that the University has its own cycling club, nolf:

www.uycc.co.uk

There'll be lots of road riding next term too... last summer we went to lots of Clifton TTs.

by nolf Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:56 pm
Haha! :D

Congrats Dr. Dave!

Of the many hundreds of people who have seen my name (it's me email address as well :)) you are the first to actually work out where it's from! :shock: :)

And I'm not so sure, high heels and flares might look good on me...

Thanks for the info. on the cycle club btw, had had a search (not great at searches...) and had come up with nothing. :)

by nolf Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:55 pm
The UYCC asked if I wanted to turn up to your hill climb this Sunday.

Is that OK? :)

I've got a BC silver membership and a racing license if necessary, but as said above no kit but CSC :?

If it is I look forward to seeing you all at the signing on time :)

by Mike Collis Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:51 pm
Look forward in meeting you there on the Hill climb.