Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am
Dear All,

I have just received confirmation from North Yorkshire Police and CTT that the Thursday evening SPOCO TT series for 2017 has been approved, ( an interesting debate with CTT which I will divulge over a few beers!). I have forwarded the updated web page to Craig to drop into the web site which includes the schedule of events. The events start this year on the 4th of May and run every Thursday, (apart from the 25th May as this date clashes with an evening road race), finishing on the 20th July. There are 11 events in all including a new 10mile course south of the City, starting and finishing in Wheldrake, (2 events on this course) . The Wheldrake events will be run as a joint venture with York Cycleworks who have agreed to sign and organise these events which negates the need to ship all our signs from Sheriff Hutton to Wheldrake.

I also propose to invite Malton Wheelers and York Cycle works to our events to bolster numbers. This is permitted under CTT regulations. Of course only Cliftonites can qualify for our club league positions.

Other changes, approved by the committee, include increased fees for seniors to £5 from £3 and for juniors an increase to £2 from £1. There will also be a financial contribution to the organiser of each event of £25 and £10 to the timekeeper for each event officiated.

The Hill climb, kindly organised by Claire & Rob, falls on Sunday 1st October.

I have amended the spreadsheet on the website to reflect the 2017 series so there are lots of blanks to fill in. So, please step forward volunteers to organise, marshal, push off & time keep. Anyone who hasn't volunteered for fear of not knowing what to do should be reassured that we will operate a 'buddy' system. There will be plenty of support. I expect a rush on the spreadsheet :wink: !!

Here's looking forward to an exciting, enjoyable and fully subscribed TT series!

Kind regards David
TT Sec'
by G. Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm
The spreadsheet David talks about, to put your name down for organising or marshalling, is here.

It's a publicly editable Google doc, so anyone can update it.