Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:22 pm
Well there was only JohnS making use of the transfer window on Sunday... and he acknowledged that it was just a loan deal... Good to have the extra company though.
Strange meteorological conditions - as we climbed towards Marton, just off the Boroughbridge B road, the temperature rose about 8°C in one pedal rev! We went from decidedly parky to rather overdressed. Glasses all steamed up. It was like walking into a warm kitchen!

After Fountains, AndyG took up navigational duties. The lanes along the high ground along the edge of the open country up there were superb in the winter sunshine.

Quick warm up and refuel in the café, then home via Helperby and Easingwold. Steen took us on a (very) little lane by-passing Crayke - he said it was a "show and tell ride"! Got us home just as it was getting dark. Great ride, thanks for the company.
by Dr Dave Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:00 pm
The Saturday Inters ride went to Otley as suggested by Tony to try an alternative cafe to the Manor Square one we have traditionally used there. Dave C, Ian H, Tony, Jon G, Graham, 'young' James, Stu, and self left the square heading to Ripley. Rob M joined us at Newton-on-Ouse and Stu and Tony turned for home before Ferrensby. The remainder proceded via Pennypot Lane, then down to Fewston and up over the moor to Otley. The new cafe opposite Argos was of the traditional Beans-on-Toast variety but friendly enough :D
After lunch we took the usual route home via Castley and up Kirkby Cliff and thence Wetherby, Wighill and home by 4pm.
Nothing spectacular but some steady winter miles in the bank nonetheless.

Incidentally, not sure I can make Saturday next week so might go out on loan to Rob for Sunday :lol:

Keep pedalling!
by bernard turgoose Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 pm
The K ride included Kevin, Jackie, Dawn C, Steve S, Dave I Anson, Craig B, Claire G, Lisa B, Mark B, Mark F,Julia C plus Andy J and one other whose name I didn't get during the ride. The route took in Buttercrambe, Barthorpe, Leppington, Leavening,( Where Julia and Mark F took the more direct route to Millington); Thixendale, Huggate where I turned right for Millington. Then Huggate, Warter, Nunburnholme, K.P and onto Millington, where awaiting us was Dave & Sue S.
After lunch Julia, Mark F and I took a longer route home, taking in K.P, Hayton, Bielby, Melbourne, Thornton and then to Stamford Bridge etc, all in all I had 67 miles and over 1830 feet of climbing, which given it was the first ride of 2017 was very satisfying, except for the state of the roads and the dank weather.