Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:31 am
As for the last couple of years its been suggested that we join the Arthur Metcalfe ride from Easingwold this Sunday in place of the usual clubrun. Entry details are here: http://www.hartlepool-cycleclub.org/am.htm

I'd recommend the long 75 mile route.

Its registration from 0830 for a prompt 0930 start. So I'd suggest riding out from the Square leaving no later than 0800.

Should be a good day out, shame I can't join you :cry:

by Helen Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:52 am
I always enjoy this ride the weather is usually good.
Is anyone else planning to ride ?

Helen

by stevesavage Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:18 pm
We discussed this at the cafe on Sunday and in the pub on Monday (you can tell its the end of the season!).

There wasn't much enthusiasm for an early start so the plan is to meet at the square as usual 9am and ride out to Easingwold and pick up one of the routes. We will miss the official start at 9.30 but the website says you can start later.

If anyone is planning to make their own way to Easingwold let us know so we can meet up.

by mal Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 pm
I'll probably ride straight across to Easingwold for the start time. If you're doing the usual club pace and given the relaxed approach to start punctuality of previous years, I'm sure you'll catch me up at some point ... on the other hand if the weather forecast is to believed I might just stay at home.

by Dr Dave Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:54 pm
mal wrote:I'll probably ride straight across to Easingwold for the start time. If you're doing the usual club pace and given the relaxed approach to start punctuality of previous years, I'm sure you'll catch me up at some point ... on the other hand if the weather forecast is to believed I might just stay at home.

20 degrees, mainly sunny, 17mph winds........

by Helen Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:42 pm
Steve much prefer the later start time see you on Sunday

Helen

by mal Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:26 am
Dr Dave wrote:20 degrees, mainly sunny, 17mph winds........

I'll be there in that case - when I looked the graphic was an ominous looking black cloud and a great big fat raindrop.