Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:25 am
OK,here's the plan for the "on road" touring weekend:

Depart York 0900 Sat 13th Oct. The basic route out via Dalby is about 65 miles. I can arrange a longer/harder ride for anyone else feeling frisky.

I will book Whitby YH (B&B&EM, ca. £25) once I have numbers. Contingency plans are in place for Osmotherly or Boggle Hole if there's no room at the Inn. Whitby YH is by the Abbey on the headland and its a pleasant stroll down an improbable number of steps after tea for a glass or two in town.

Options for the ride back include the Roman Road, Egton Moor or Westerdale. Back in York mid to late afternoon.

Should catch some autumnal colours for a mellow weekend.

Both Claire and I plan to be out. Anybody fancy joining us? Any questions? Let me know by the end of the week and I'll book.

by Rob Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:11 pm
Just bumping this back to the top again.

I have 7 riders definitely committed to this and we're booked in. If anyone else wants to join us then I should be able to add you to the booking - so just let me know.

Whitby YH was full so we're actually booked into Osmotherley. I'm planning two groups for the ride on Saturday, both probably via some hilly terrain. Then all ride back together on the Sunday via the flat lands of the Vale of York.

Should be good.