Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 am
On 20/21 October we’re doing an alternative Moor to Sea MTB weekend.

The rough plan is to start in the Rosedale Abbey area on Saturday morning, pick a northern route across the moors to stay on the coast Saturday night. I was planning on Whitby or Boggle Hole but it appears there’s a music festival on that weekend and all the accommodation is taken. So we’ll head for Scarborough.

Sunday we’ll head back via a more southerly route through Langdale and Dalby Forests to pick up the cars.

You’ll need to bring sufficient stuff for an overnight but I’m not planning to make it a tough ‘epic’, more a chance to catch some great views off the moors as we head to the coast and get a good weekend of ‘fresh air’. Those doing the Dalby MTB Marathon will probably still be recovering anyway and 2 weeks later there is plenty of chance to test yourselves at the Lightwater Valley race.

I’d like to get the accommodation booked ASAP (Monday 24th latest). I’m hoping Scarborough YH can accommodate us but there’ll be a B&B option too. Please register interest here or mail me at mtb@cliftoncc.org.

by Tullio Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:23 pm
Last call! I'm booking tomorrow.

If I don't get any more takers you might have to put up with my 'Magnificent Seven Ride Again' analogies in future write ups.

by Helen Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 pm
Paul

We will not be able to stay overnight but would like to start out with you and see how close to the coast we get befoe having to turn for home

Helen