Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:05 pm
Well, the apocalyptic climatic conditions failed to materialise again and the Sunday gang were de-caped by Stamford Bridge. 110k loop through the Wolds around Kiplingcoates and Middleton on a fine fresh late autumn day. A few efficient puncture stops and 45 mins in front of a roaring open fire in Millington saw is home at 1430. Thanks to Steen, Andy, Tom and Claire for the company.
by Jon G Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:25 pm
Really good ride to Beverley on Saturday for the inters. 8 became 9 when joe turned up at the usual last minute :D then increased to 10 for the return leg when 'kadence' Kev n met us at cafe velo. The others including myself were James, graham, Ian h, Ben, John b, Tony and paul. Conditions good even some dry roads, lovely undulating terrain made for good progress without been on the limit :wink: for a change. No major mechanicals or punctures this week and back in York for 4ish with 74 miles on the clock. Thanks for the ride guys and hope to be out this Saturday. In Tony's absence I was thinking of suggesting somewhere like Thirsk, around 70+ miles with a few lumps. So unless there's a freak ice age should be at the square. Any other suggestions welcome from the regulars. I do have couple of routes in the garmin. :)

Jon
by ClaireG Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm
Smashing ride 'on the gallops' of Kiplingcotes with the Sunday riders. Big thanks to Steen, Tom, Andy & Robert for taking the front and moderating their pace so I could hang on to their coat tails!

Having missed the Sat ride, I was relieved to still secure a Millington Cafe stop.
Steen did make comment that Sat riders seem to have cafes / food as their priority (or is it just me......).

I may take a break from my 'guest' Sunday appearance as the regulars discussed over coffee increasing their miles for the run-in to Tan Hill! :shock: :!:

Thanks again
Claire