Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:12 pm
Please mark this date in your calendar
Two races:
10.00 - In effect: 3 races set off at 2 min apart for Veteran racing cyclists under the umbrella of the LVRC
13.30 - race for 2/3/4 cats. plus Juniors and Women under the umbrella of BC

Phil Bixby will be organizing the LVRC race and I'll organize the BC race

HQ will be Sheriff Hutton Village Hall once again

As usual we will need your help to Drive/marshall, etc....It will be fun!

The sooner you stick your hand up to help the better.....It is appreciated :D

If any of you fancy 'Organizing races' in the future (Phil and I won't around for ever) please let us know....Shadowing opportunities available :)
by Cam B Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:39 pm
Thanks to John S for agreeing to drive in the BC race :D . We need 3 more drivers in this race (you have to be BC members). Phil will also need 4 drivers for the LVRC race. You don't need to be LVRC members for that one

cheers

Cam
by PhilBixby Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:25 pm
Can I echo Cam's request for someone to lend a hand, see how the job gets done, and be prepared to give it a go next year, please? I've organised at least five vets races and a fair few BC ones too, and not because I feel I have any special talent for it. It's just a job that needs doing; if Cam and I reckon we've got other things to do in 2018 (and we both have got other things to do) then someone else needs to pick it up or there'll be no Clifton races. If every other club's overburdened race organiser does the same (and regular racers will notice that a few already have) then there will be no races. No-one is paid to organise events - BC and LVRC are just there to give support. Your sport will die without you putting a bit back in.

Given how far it is into the future I can't believe many of you are already signed up to being best man at your brother's wedding that day, so how about making a commitment to help, now? Drivers, marshals, helpers, all required!
by craigdabrown Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Hi guys!

All being well, it's the day after we get back from our Alps trip, I'm happy to drive broomwagon in the LVRC race and marshal in the BC race.

As Phil says, we've already lost the evening road races this year, so let's not risk putting the future of our road race day in jeopardy too.

Craig
Last edited by craigdabrown on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by bgibs Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm
Assuming I am not working I am happy to marshall/ drive the LVRC (assuming I don't need to be 21 to drive) but was planning on racing the BC

Ben
by mart66 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:50 am
Hi guys

Ideally I'd like to race the vet's this year but can help out with the BC. I'll make sure it's the first entry on my 'cats in funny hats' calendar that I get for Christmas every year.

Cheers
by Cam B Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:40 am
Just thought I would take an opportunity to bump this up to the top of the thread. Plenty of volunteer opportunities still available for the Clifton Road Race day on 11 June 2017. I know it seems a long way off but it will come round before you know it.
If anyone is interested in becoming a BC race organiser in the future see the email below:

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi,

Just an email to inform you about the Event Organiser Workshop, that will take place on Saturday 21st of January 2017. If you wish to attend then please get in touch with me and I will add your name to the attendance register

The sessions will be of value to all – experienced or novice, so come and join us and find out how the Yorkshire Region can help you with your race organisation in 2017. This is your chance to meet the British Cycling Regional staff and key members of the Yorkshire Board.

Organisers for the 2017 season are strongly advised to attend as there are some important changes that will effect some road race courses and road race events which the region would like to address.

It has been agreed by BC Yorkshire that all attendees at either of the workshops on Saturday 21st January shall be eligible to claim travel mileage to and from the activity at the rate of 15p per mile. Claim forms will be available on the day.

The workshop takes please place at the Bridge Hotel, Walshford on the 21st January more info here - http://bcyorkshire.co.uk/organisers-workshop/.

Kind regards,

Matthew Gott

Regional Events Officer - Yorkshire

MatthewGott@britishcycling.org.uk

BC-GUARDIAN-LOGO

British Cycling, National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester, M11 4DQ
Phone: +44(0)161 274 2124 | Mobile: 07940 302079 | britishcycling.org.uk

Follow British Cycling on: Join British Cycling Twitter Facebook YouTube flickr
by PhilBixby Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:10 pm
Many thanks to all who have offered help, including Billy G who Cam & I bumped into at yesterday's BC event. Thanks Dave - sure you're not riding the vets race?
by Cam B Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:59 pm
Thanks Tim. Are you ok to drive?

11th June is just over 4 months away.

A new Risk Assessment scheme by BC means we need 7 marshals for both races (14 in total) and 4 drivers for each (8 in total). We also need the usual help with signing on, judging at the finish and catering.

Thanks to everyone who has offered so far. Please keep them coming!

It really helps if you say which event you can help with and what you can do. Reminder: You need to be a BC member to drive in the BC race.

If you are planning to race in one of the events...Would be nice if you could commit to helping with the other one unless you are planning on "doing a Jamie Sharp" and racing both" :shock:

The BC race is now on the BC events calendar. Entries are coming in already :)