Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by ClaireG Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:32 pm
Overshoes out for this weekend with a drop in temperature to single figures. Combined with the northerly wind chill and the occasional rain shower, then we had a 'refreshing' Autumnal reminder of the months ahead. Or in my case, the frantic run around at 0930, digging out hat, overshoes, winter top, winter legs….all requiring a spot of mining to unearth, having settled to the bottom nooks and crannies of their various dens…..

We can hardly complain, because appropriately dressed, riding alongside winter mudguards and with LEDs at the ready, we enjoyed another week of colourful trees and quiet country lanes :D

Kevin & Julia rides were K&J-less this weekend, but we combined forces to take a route out via Kirkham, Menethorpe, Malton, Coneysthorpe, East Ness to Nunnington. Before we had even locked our bikes and done our hair (ok, am joking on that one :wink: , Bernard had dived in the café and he had his favourite ‘Scandinavian Platter’ on order! :lol: The remaining troops trailed in after him and we were so spoilt for Cake choice, I could go back every weekend in the winter to make my way through the menu! Great café choice, thankyou Bernard.

Return leg took in Oswaldkirk, Gilling and the quiet lane over to join the Hovingham road & on to the free wheel descent (not so ‘free’ with the mud & potholes to negotiate!).

A cruel puncture just as we were lifting the pace for home at Farlington and whilst Adam made a swift repair, Bernard kindly took Les on ahead for what we thought would at least get them home before dark. Alas, news from B was that another 2 lengthy puncture stops later, left them eeking their way back to York in the dark – a must for front & back LEDs on these rides now please!

All finally home safely with 65miles on my clock.
Thanks for the company and to Steve for sterling efforts at keeping us rabble in sensible group order.