Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tony Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:32 pm
As much as I dislike the greasy spoon, we haven't been out on the Wolds for a while, so I dug out a Driffiled route and played with the outbound leg to make it a little more interesting.

It will be a cool, sunny, fall day, so wrap up and strap on a light or two for the ride home. We should be home in time for the Guy Fawkes festivities.

130Km / ~81 miles square to square.

View and download the route at RidewithGPS or click the map.

by Dr Dave Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:55 pm
Just heard weather forecast for tomorrow on radio - high chance of rain nr East Coast. Have checked online and it's looking like rain nr Malton /Driffield but wall to wall sun-shine to the West/Ilkley.
Not my place to interfere but ? put Driffield back a week and head west - Ilkley or Cavendish Pavilion??

Keep pedalling!
by Tony Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 pm
Ouch, just saw the weather, too. I'm all for staying dry but also want to get back before Cycleworks closes and in time to shower & change before the evening festivities.

Last Bolton Abbey trip was a shade under 100 miles, so perhaps Ilkley, Burley in Wharfedale or even Otley are more achievable and could be capped at around 80 miles?
by Jon G Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:56 pm
I'm hoping to make tomorrow however would agree heading east looks more grim than west but I think we're gonna get wet at some point anyway. Have just thought though if the consensus is to head west then I know the cafe we generally use in otley is not most people's favourite so have remembered this one from a while back I went too. It's just outside otley on the road to askwith

http://www.cockpitfarmtearooms.co.uk/Welcome.htm

Jon :D
by Dr Dave Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:04 pm
Looks like we can have a 'make it up as we go along' ride. The Cock-pit cafe is an Otley cyclist favourite :D

Keep pedalling!