Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by James Milner Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:56 am
Thought it was about time to change the thread for this as the trip is no longer 'possible' it is going ahead!

Up to date there are 13 people confirmed and I am waiting on a final response from one other.

As such I have confirmed the booking this morning for 14 people staying in the Grand and Petit Belvedere chalet and apartment in Morzine. If you want to have a look at the accommodation go to www.thealpinegeneration.com.

I will be paying all the monies received to them as a deposit for both the accommodation and the airport transfers, which they are arranging for us at a cost of £55 per person. Assuming we end up with 14 of us the accommodation will come to £140 each.

I think most of us have got our flights booked already, but for anyone who hasn't you could do to get on with it as prices are already starting to climb and are currently at around £149 for flight and bike box.

I haven't had confirmation as yet of when the balance will be due but I'm sure it won't be till well into the new year.

As ever don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Happy cycling! :D
by Dr Dave Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:38 pm
Well done James. Now everyone has an incentive for some winter training :D

Keep pedalling!
by James Milner Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:16 pm
Just had confirmation this morning that the transfers are booked.

Balance of £1330 due on 25/5/2017. Assuming there are 14 of us that works out at £95 each, which is made up of £40 balance on the accommodation and £55 for the transfers.

Should be nothing more to sort out now till next year!

Happy cycling!
by Jon G Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:10 pm
That's great James, and thanks to you and Dave for getting this off the ground. Looking forward to it :D
by Dr Joe Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:00 pm
That's great news, certainly going to be one for the record books.
Thanks James and Dave.

Only one problem now, getting in shape !!!!
by Dave Ward Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm
Gents

If I'm still living Swiss-side I'll tag along for a couple of days if that's OK? I may be moving out of Switz with work so difficult to commit to anything but would love the opportunity to ride with the Clifton lads - also having dropped 18kg since leaving York looking forward to destroying Dr. Dave on some climbs :lol:

I'm sure that I have picked up the thread half way through so apologies if the routes / climbs have been discussed already but would love to know what the plans are.

Cheers

Dave W.
by James Milner Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:52 pm
Good to hear from you Dave. Somebody did actually mention you in dispatches the other day regarding the trip. No firm plans for riding have been made and no routes planned as yet. Would be good to have you along for a day or two. If you can manage to wangle a full week and have £140 burning a hole in your back pocket there's still a spare bed in the chalet. Otherwise I'm sure we can squeeze you in somewhere! Keep us posted with your plans.
Happy cycling! :D
by Dave Ward Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:15 pm
Hi James

OK, count me in! 1) £140 would get me 1 night in a Swiss hotel so I'll take a punt. 2) Current Swiss Frank / GBP rates are in my favour! 3) Havjng suffered for years on Dave's wheel I'm looking forward to seeing him suffer.

Let me know who I need to pay and the details. My email is davejamesward@gmail.com.

Cheers

Dave.
by Dr Dave Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:19 am
Dave W will pedal up that hill as fast as the guy on that video! :lol:

Keep pedalling!
by Dr Dave Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:55 pm
It was suggested to me that now the trip is organised and 'booked up', that further discussion should take place off the Clifton CC site. There are 2 main reasons for this: A.To avoid spamming the discussion board, and B. To minimize the risk that we would be advertising our absence from our homes with the potential for impaired security.

I can see the logic but also think that a single thread shouldn't impact on other members to a significant degree. With respect to any security issue the damage is already done - although we could delete the threads pertaining to the trip and henceforth communicate via an alternate means. A WhatsApp group would be a way of doing this privately??

What do folk think?

Keep pedalling!
by IanH Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:08 pm
Good Idea, Dr Dave

Ian H

Are we there yet
by Dr Dave Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:11 pm
OK, so which bright spark shared the invite to the Whatsapp group? :D

Keep pedalling!