Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dave B Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:22 am
[quote="stevesavage"]Apparently the Tour of Britain was neutralised through North Yorkshire today due to a mix up with the paperwork. Did anyone go and see it?

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... t4_ToB.asp[/quote]

Ddin't know about this until it was on BBC Look North later in the day - they were behind schedule arriving at the finish in Bradford (managed to get a good spot near the finish line!) and I hadn't realised why.

Dave B

by paulM Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:57 pm
Myself Cath & Peter took the pollutemobile to the top of the cow & calf at Ilkley, parked up and found a suitable spot behind some barriers close to the pub at the very top (the crowd wasn't exactly 3 deep!). This turned out to be the prime point when the organisers lad came along and stuck the masking tape line to the road. We weren't aware, even though the riders were half an hour or more behind schedule of the nonsense that had gone on before. I think it is up to the organisers to make sure everything is in place to ensure the race has permission to proceed safely ( as would be the case if this was an open road race). To call the TOB organisers amateurish would be an insult to the amateur organisers who can organise properly and don't risk other peoples lives!
Kevin, Russell and Phil Duston also rode out to the cow and calf but were a bit further down.