Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickM Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:09 pm
GYBR 2016.JPG
GYBR 2016.JPG (126 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
[Great Yorkshire Bike Ride on Saturday from Wetherby to Filey with 8 of the A ride regulars including Gray, JohnB, James, Tony, Richard, Craig, IanW, Dr Joe and myself. I usually ride with Kevs group so lets just say the pace was "a tad brisk" but I managed to keep up only with some serious wheelsucking. Thanks Guys!!. The weather was fine but pretty chilly for mid June with a stiff north easterly and most kept on the arm warmers a good part of the day. The traditional over the top lunch stop with Just about everything you could possibly eat at Terrington is not to be missed, especially swilled down with a surprisingly good cappuccino! Onwards after lunch up Setterington Bank and onwards to Filey. I finally got dropped at the not particularly steep bank up to Hunmanby. After 70 odd miles of A ride pace the quads finally just said NO! and I trailed off watching the red Clifton shirts go off into the distance. I was then into a quite stiff headwind and having lost the protection of the group had to dig in and slog it out back to Filey. I was only about five mins or so behind them so not too shabby and felt pretty good at the end. I took the sensible option at this point and was picked up but the rest of the guys turned tail and rode back. Hope you all got back safe and Thanks for a great ride with great company.