Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dr Dave Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:02 am
I've just bought a new pair of bib-shorts (thanks for the info Phil!). They have a nice padded insert with a wicking lining which has raised the issue of what to wear underneath them. Up 'til now I have just used normal underwear with an old pair of shorts with a thin chamois padded insert.

I've seen Altura cycling underwear with a bit of padding but the insert of the new bib-shorts with the wicking lining has me wondering what they are designed to be worn with - if anything.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but as I'm new to this cycling game I thought I'd best get the advice of those who know!

by Rob Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:23 am
The shorts are designed to "go commando" as it were.
Not a stupid question!

R

by BroomWagon Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am
Not a stupid question. A mate of mine took up cycling a while ago, but was always complaining how uncomfortable he was. He reached the conclusion that I didn't have any bother because I must have just toughened my "parts" up with the years of cycling I'd already done. I just assumed he was riding commando. It took a while to get to bottom :lol: of the problem but he too was wearing underpants. How can you know you're not supposed to wear underwear under shorts unless you ask. Suppose that's what forums like this are very good for.

by Dr Dave Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:25 am
Thanks guys. May try and go for a wee training ride this evening so I'll give it a go!

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:13 am
"a wee training ride"

:shock:

by Dr Dave Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:49 am
Oops!!

U just gotta luv those unintentional double-entendres. Hopefully there won't be any continence issues arising from the subject in question :D