Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:36 am
I'm going to be dealing with the results for the RR on Sunday. Given the two-stage nature of the event, it would be great to be able to project the results up onto the wall, especially the morning TT so people can work out the implications for the afternoon race. Does anyone have access to a projector we could hook up to a laptop, similar to the one which Colin very kindly sorted out for the TdF TT?

Can I also put in an advanced request for as much help at the RR finish as possible please? Since we need to log the time as well as the position of every finisher, we'll need a few spotters just in case the riders decide a bunch finish would be fun. Thanks!

by mal Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:26 pm
Don't think I can help out with projector, not sure I'd trust my eyesight for a bunch finish but if there's help needed for marshalling I can make myself available.

I need to know before Friday PM if, where, and when you want me.

Mal

by stevesavage Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm
Phil

I can lend you a digital camera that takes movies. Might be useful to resolve any disputes and you can review the results later.

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 pm
Hi Steve

I've got one - but two would be better! I just remember from trying to unpick the finishing order from a video a couple of years back that the "many eyes" approach is probably the best first call, with the video(s) being a fallback.

by PhilBixby Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:18 pm
Hi Mal, can we take you up on offer of help please! There'll be 101 jobs need doing, if you can be at Sheriff Hutton village hall in time for start of the road race.

Same applies for pretty much anyone else who's free on Sunday - come along and support the club - and enjoy the racing!

by IanH Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:38 pm
I will be there to help all day, I've already been in touch with Andy J to do whatever I am able to do. see you there.

by Iain M Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:57 am
I'm free to help all day as well.

by like my bike Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:13 pm
Thanks for the offers of help if you get to HQ 12.00 that will be great.

Can anyone help we need drivers for road race you need

Own car
BC License
Able between 12.00 & 4.00 on Sunday ?

A J

by stevesavage Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:14 pm
Andy

I can drive.

by BroomWagon Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Andy do you still need help? I can attend from 12.00 onwards with no sprogs in tow, although my good lady has double booked me to do something else (family day at the races (horses)). Though to be honest I'd rather come and marshal, but if you've already more than enough helpers I will acquiesce to my better half's plans.

by mal Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:55 am
Phil

I've managed to get hold of a projector. If you still want one what's the best way of getting it to you?

Mal

by PhilBixby Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:39 am
Mal! You star!

I'll be around most of today (Friday) and in morning or late a/noon tomorrow. If you're able to drop it round to me (Holgate Road) that'd be excellent. Alternatively I've got to borrow a car and go pick up the prizes from Cycle Heaven (yes! They're big enough not to fit on a bike, you lucky winners you) sometime today so could pick up projector at same time. Let me know - phone number's 01904-625300.

by like my bike Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:33 pm
Broomwagen can you be around for 12.00

A J