Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:42 am
Certainly planning on being out there this week.
Usual place, Castle Howard. Forecast looks good.
Anybody joining me?
Does anyone know the state of play with the erosion from the Forestry work on the ridge?

by MarkA Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:19 am
Pretty confident i can make it
We did a bit of ridge hopping last week
But turned off on the "bad corner" which has now been flattened
And conditions were firm underwheel

by Tullio Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:26 am
All very rideable at the moment, it's almost completely dry and hard.

Last week we went west then up through Shaw Wood onto the ridge then west, over the river, loop down through Terrington, Ganthorpe, Welburn, High Gatterly by which time it was pitch and we headed home.

I might be there tomorrow..not sure how many weeks left though as darkness fell really quick last week.

There was talk of keeping it going as a night ride. I'm not sure that it won't get too claggy to be riding round in the dark come Autumn. It's good fun in these conditions though.

Any thoughts anyone?

by barberj Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:58 am
I will not be able to make it this week as 1) My wifes rear rim broke on Saturday so she has got my MB rear wheel. 2) I am working late.
I should be able to make Dalby on Saturday though as I will hire a bike.

by steph Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:05 pm
I'm planning on being there tomorrow.

Would like to keep going as long as the weather holds, but Wed nights may be problematic for me soon. Happy to keep in touch about ad-hoc on random nights.

Are there any other reasonaby close locations that are better drained?

by Chris Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 pm
Hmmm I wrote a reply and but nothing came through....

Anyway it was along the lines of "would love to come, but have no lights. Has anyone got a spare?"

Cheers :)

Chris

by steph Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:53 pm
Chris, probably a bit late but left you a VM message.

by Rob Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 am
PaulC wrote:There was talk of keeping it going as a night ride. I'm not sure that it won't get too claggy to be riding round in the dark come Autumn. It's good fun in these conditions though.

Any thoughts anyone?

Enjoyed the ride last night. About an hour each of darkness and daylight. Just myself, Nick, Steph and Mark. Very dry and dusty.

I'm fairly keen to keep it going a few weeks yet. Although if its wet and claggy as well as dark then I'll give it a miss. Don't really want to start in the dark either.... We appear to have hit some stable weather, so you never know, there's maybe a few weeks left.

R