Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by fatsprinter Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:10 pm
Now has anyone got a plain jersey to lend cos I'll be damned if I'm racing naked next weekend 'cos the new kit aint here yet. Size large probably. 'Cos there sin't a valid alternative until the new kit comes. Still Sunday will be cold enough to wear Assos. And anyway, I'll need to be better for then anyway.

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm
I'm sure someone can sort you out with a spare blue, yellow and red one Colin.... ..when you're wearing it you hardly notice it! :wink:

by Rob Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:36 pm
Phil, how did you know this post was by Colin?

by Arthur Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm
Because Colin is a fat sprinter :)

by PhilBixby Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:20 pm
Well, I was simply going to say "male intuition"...

by fatsprinter Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:39 am
Any news on the kit yet?

Fortunately racing in Black Assos jacket and tights is still doable cos is is so cold!!! But hopefully the sun will shine and it may be a bit warm if the temp ever gets above a tropical 10 degrees.

Daaarley Moor on Saturday. Motor racing circuit, can wait. Will try and get me knee down. Do they do titanium sliders in lycra?

De tijd gaat snel, gebruik hem wel!
Schaarf!!

by PhilBixby Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:50 am
I had an email from Dynamic (our supplier in the UK) on Tuesday which said:- "I spoke with the factory last night. They can send the kit two weeks time which should take ~ 3 days to arrive in the uk. Then I have to send that onto you."

So.. if it all goes to plan, should be in the UK around 30/03. Whether it arrives prior to the Hambleton RR which a fair few of us are doing on the Sunday is anyone's guess (though I've emailed to tell them we really really want it for then), but should certainly have it for the week after.

It's been a right saga - hopefully if we get into six monthly re-orders (I'll sort out a standard order form to go out in the Cliftonite), combined with CH topping up stock, then it'll all go smoothly in future.

Yours in blue, red and yellow
The Drapesmeister

by PhilBixby Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 am
"Do they do titanium sliders in lycra?"

There's a danger that the trademerk shower of sparks might ignite the lycra, which would lead to an unexpected early season tan. Anyway Colin I've heard about you getting your knee down - just go easy! :wink: