Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Tullio Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Who's out tomorrow?

What route did you do last week?

How many 'candle power' do I need for the end of the ride?

I estimate we've only got 2 weeks at the most for any unlit rides;

Sunset tomorrow at CH = 19.03, 5/9 = 18.48, 12/9 = 18.29

Lighting up time is sunset + 30 mins normally.

by MarkA Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:16 pm
From last weeks thread

We managed the big loop = 15 miles in about 2 hours
Admittedly it was bit gloomy by the time we got back

Hope to make it tomorrow night but didn't have a route in mind

Anyone any suggestions?

Lights shouldn't be an issue so long as Steph comes along
I managed with a little cat eye single led thing
But hope to beef things up a bit for this week

It was probably getting a bit dark for anything too tricky by 8:45 last week and as you say 7 days makes a big difference

Maybe if we try for a slightly earlier start may extend the season for a couple of weeks?

by steph Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Yes, planning on being there. Light is no longer at 45 degree angle but not sure it's going to stay planted as its now directly attached to the bars. If anyones got a bracket that will fit over a Hope stem I'd be interested.

Can offer a lift from York.

by barberj Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:43 pm
It the course suitable for a old 1994 Orange Prestige Mountain bike which doesn't have any suspension? If so I would like to come along and join your group.

by Tullio Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 pm
No fancy kit required..but you may need a front light tonight. Don't worry if you haven't got one though, we'll manage.

7pm Coneysthorpe crossroads, the layby next to the Lake.

by Tullio Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 am
Excellent ride last night.

Mild, clear evening with dry conditions made for an ideal evening with 5 of us armed with various lights.

After a couple of navigational 'stutters' (miss you Rob) we soon got into a good rythmn and did a 2 hour circuit of nearly 30km. With half the ride in the twilight and half in the dark, lights will be a must for any remaining Wed night rides.