Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by cath Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 pm
It's nearly that time again....

Submissions for the Autumn Cliftonite in BEFORE end of September please.

If you're at a loss to think of something, here are a few pointers: race/ride reports, photos, amusing stories, something you've done this year that you'd like to share - maybe you think others would enjoy it? Maybe you've done something for the first time and want to write about it? bits of news - anything cycling related, is there something you feel strongly about and want to include in a 'letters' page?

Past stories have included peoples experiences of; riding in Holland in the 60's, riding a Premier Calendar event, riding your first TT, how to get into road racing, a training ride in the 1940's, riding the national hill climb, running up Mt Everest, riding the 3 bridges audax.....

Photo's can be emailed or posted (I'll scan and send back), likewise articles. I'm also open to suggestions about the type of things that you want to see in the mag. Email cliftonite@cliftoncc.org or my postal address is on past issues.

Cath.

by cath Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm
Final reminder - deadline for the Cliftonite is 30th sept.

I've got a few pictures on the road but nothing off-road? anyone out there got anything?

Cheers

Cath

by charlie Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:24 pm
I'm trying to get something together for it!

by Dave B Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:41 pm
Hi Cath,

Photos were taken at the Northallerton cyclo-cross event earlier in the month, but posted on BC's website and I haven't been able to copy them to disk from there. Presumably if you e-mailed their P&P guys (pressoffice@britishcycling.org.uk) they may be able to let you have let you have electronic copies for the Cliftonite - 2 pics of me (black crash helmet/plain blue jersey/yellow & black bike) made it on to the web from this race;

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... p?gid=2863

(Picture 27)

and

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... p?gid=2864

(Picture 2)

Hope this info is of help.

Dave B

by cath Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:09 pm
cliftonite posted out end of last week. Some people haven't received theirs yet - if you're one of them give it until middle of next week and then let me know. I only have a few spare copies so hopefully most will arrive.
Email cliftonite@cliftoncc.org

by Dave B Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:49 pm
Cliftonite has arrived by post safe & sound. Is the form enclosed with the magazine (on which you have to detail race results, PBs etc.) just for people being awarded prizes and/or certificates at the annual club meal next month, or does this need to be completed and returned to Kevin irrespective of this?

Dave

by cath Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:38 pm
Entirely up to you, Dave! there are certificates awarded if you've done a PB this year, but it also lets the club know what sort of things everyone has been doing....it's not compulsory though.