Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dave B Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:40 am
....is only a couple of weeks away now. The first Yorkshire Points event of the series is at the leisure centre in Northallerton on Sunday 2nd September (there's a link with more details via http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... lendar.asp) and am hoping to ride if I feel in reasonable shape. Anyone else in the club thinking of giving it a go?

Dave B

by like my bike Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:56 am
Dave

My possible dates 7/10 Sheffield, 14/10 Huddersfield & 21/10 Temple Newsam.

A J

by Dave B Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:29 pm
Might give Temple Newsam a go if it doesn't clash with anything, but unlikely to be at the other two. Out of all the Yorkshire events, likely to do Northallerton and Bingley as the courses there are quite technical, maybe Wakefield too, though the course there is pretty fast - mostly playing fields & no obstacles - with not much off-the-bike content; not really my cup of tea.

Dave B

by Andy J Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 pm
I should be riding the northallerton race, but will miss the 4 events after that due to road races. But I should be riding the last 2/3 events of the yorkshire points series.

Regards Andy

by leadshoes Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm
Can anyone tell me whether or not you need a racing licence for cyclo cross? I'm keen to go to the Northallerton race but don't have a licence.

Thanks in advance

by Andy J Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:39 pm
You can turn up and take out day membership, not sure if there is any extra charge for this. race starts at 13.45 so if you get there early they will sort you out, you can ride yorkshire points series cross events just on BC bronze membership without having to purchase a license. However if you want to contest any of the national trophy events or regional champs then I believe you need a licence. Hope this helps.

Regards Andy