Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:23 pm
The club run consisting of Howard, Andy J, John and myself headed over the moors to Pateley Bridge and back via Yorke's Folly. Helen and Nick came with us as far as Studley Roger. Apart from a couple of heavy showers the weather was fine and we had a nice tailwind on the homeward leg.

What did everyone else get up to this weekend? I heard the Saturday morning club run did a bit of offroading.

by ANDYK Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:31 pm
84 mile round trip to Doncaster and back to see my mum and dad.

Small shower in the morning at around 7.00 when I set off but otherwise fine.

Andy

by PhilBixby Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:50 pm
Did the Seacroft Wheelers RR 3rds/4ths at Bishop's Wood; managed to catch a dry spell between the bouts of rain. Team Clifton also featured Steve W, Colin S was out there too, and LikeMyBike turned up to EOL but sadly too many pre-entries actually showed up for him to get a ride.

Brisk race (which it should be given it's pan flat) with various breaks all getting reeled in, including half a lap I spent away with some other fella who could timetrial a lot better than me - sorry mate! Amazingly the bunch let a group of six get away on the last lap and failed to cooperate enough to pull 'em back. They took the top placings and I eased off when the sprint for 7th started looking a bit too physical.

How did the afternoon E/1/2/3's go?? Matt? Paul B?

by matt Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:04 pm
The E/1/2/3 race was also brisk despite a fairly strong headwind on the road after the start/finish line. A lot of riders signed on EOL bringing the field up from 31 to 50 or 60 riders. Two groups of three formed off the front of the bunch on i think the second lap, with eventual winner Alistair Kay jumping across to the front group on the third lap and the bunch reeling in the second. the front group of 4 stayed away after being nearly caught with 3 laps to go with the bunch splitting with about 4 or 5 laps to go. I was in the front half and managed to get about 5th in the sprint for 11th in the race after a couple of riders had got off the front towards the end.

by Iain M Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:04 am
On Saturday, Arny and I did the Drighlington BC 25 on V232 - a fast out-and-back near Dishforth (A168/A19). The conditions were fairly good, with warm weather and only moderate wind. Arny did a 01:01:14 and I did a 01:01:48. The event was won by Steven Gore-Brown with a 53:44.

by Arthur Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:44 am
My weekend - coughing and sneezing, full of cold. Grrr.

by IanH Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:21 pm
My weekend was a ride on Sunday to Filey and back with my two mates who don't often cycle, it was the idea of Dave as preperation for our annual Coast to Coast ride at August Bank Holiday, to say that the few rides they have done they both did extremly well.

Maybe two more future club members, but let's see how they feel after the C2C.

by Kit Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:12 am
I rode 30 miles of the Tour of Pendle before the joining link on my chain failed. I then scooted/walked round my own Tour of Nelson after a series of not-so-helpful directions back to the HQ. Glad not to have ridden the whole race as the weather was horrible and my legs were rubbish, plus I was showered and changed in time to watch the finish.