Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 pm
Dear All,

I'm grateful to Peter Hook who is organising this weeks event, also Arny & Gordon who have volunteered to marshal and Bernard who is timekeeping. I have checked the circuit today and there are no problems, the recent surface dressing has bedded in. There is a bit of loose gravel on the left hand bend this side of Terrington, just beyond the junction with the turn off towards Coneysthorpe cross roads. It's not on the racing line so long as you don't go too wide, and in any case easily spotted.

On the issue of signs. Martin Willan has kindly housed them at his home in Sheriff the past few weeks. However, Martin tells me that he will be away for the remainder of the series and therefore access to them would be a problem.

I suggest that we return them to Dave I'Anson's shed. It looks like those who have volunteered to organise the remainder of the series are York based and it's therefore logical that they are housed there for the remainder of the series.

Peter, I will assist with the admin, signing on etc as it's the first you have 'organised'. The weather forecast looks good with what is likely to be a favourable tail breeze as we turn from Bulmer towards Ganthorpe & Terrington.

Looking forward to seeing a good turn out! :D

Kind regards David
TT Sec'