Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by craigdabrown Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Can I just say, despite a lot of genuine concern and some justified negativity, what a brilliant week for Clifton Cycling Club.

Somehow or other we will have organised a second Evening Road Race of the season, run a prestigious Club Road Race Day incorporating L.V.R.C. and B.C. races, organised Go-Ride, led an 08:45 Saturday Ride via Castle Howard, an “A” Group Saturday Ride to Leyburn, a “J” Group Saturday Ride to Howden, a “K” Group Saturday Ride to Driffield, an epic Sunday Club Ride to Dent, MTB rides, a Tuesday night chain-gang session and a regular SPOCO Thursday evening T.T. event.

In addition to this, regular Club members rode a 150 mile Coast2Coast Event, competed in various road races and, no doubt given some spare time, probably rode their bikes on the track and socially.

Please forgive me if I've missed anything else.

I know that all these things appear to happen in spite of us regularly making it unnecessarily difficult for ourselves and I’m normally more of a Private Fraser type but the sun is shining, credit where it’s due and well done to everyone!