Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by IanH Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:52 am
Who's riding the last one in the series tonight ? the more the better as we are in a great position to win the team award.

Also don't forget it starts half an hour earlier at 7pm due to the prize giving after the race.

by Arthur Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:35 am
I'm marshalling.

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:57 am
I'm marshalling too. What time are we pedalling off, Arthur - 5:15?

Come on the rest of you - it looks like a sunny evening, let's get that shield!

by Arthur Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am
5.15. Plan is to get some training in on the way rather than dawdling like usual :)

Arthur

by like my bike Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 am
I hope to be there around 6.00

A J

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:54 pm
I haven't sat on a bike for the last ten days - plan is to remember which way the pedals go round!

by SteveWood Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:03 pm
I should be there tonight.

by Rob Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 am
So, how did it go then?

by PhilBixby Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:47 am
Massive Clifton turnout - Muzzy, Paul B, Andys J and J, Ian Hagyard, Steves W and S, Matt and Arnie (now a RR convert), plus Arthur and I marshalling. Both Andys in the top ten, so we won the Airedale shield - should be three points ahead of YRC. Also Ian and Andy Johnson placed in the top ten overall for the series, and Ian won the vet50 trophy. A good night!

I'll get a copy of the presentation photo from the organisers. Then we just need to work out where to put the shield!

by Rob Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:58 am
Good stuff!

by paulM Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:50 pm
A good demonstration of Clifton strength in depth over the series as we have had 5 or 6 riders consistently making it in to the top 10 from the various groups. Well done to all.

Last night was an interesting race. Cycleworks Jamie Sharpe dragged a small group across from the scratch group to the front group including Paul B who did very well to stay with them (I was the last to get across and then got dropped before they reached the leaders). Jamie then got away in the closing stages to win alone. His tactics might actually have worked in our favour as most of the scratch riders never made it across to the leading group, including YRCs Carl Saint & Vince Macklam who finished in a group with myself, Matt & Arnie.
Well done to both Andy J's for getting in to the points last night as they pretty much all counted!

I wouldn't describe Arnie as road race convert, Phil, I'm sure that was his preferred discipline in his younger days?