Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by DavidShort Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 pm
Suz & I went over to Belgium for the Ronde van Vlaanderen in the camper van with bikes a fortnight ago and whilst the weather started off as typical northern Europe cold wet & windy it picked up nicely for the race day and getting warmer as the week went on. We cycled over to Kwaremont from our base in Geeradsberg to enjoy the party atmosphere and by chance met up with some fellow Yorkies! a great day with a round trip of 60 miles. During the week, cycling every day we took in the RvV red route, 70 miles, taking in a number of the cobbled climbs, Eikenberg, De Muur, Bosberg & others. Though I have yet to see the pleasure in cobbled climbs, ( dental appontment made!). We came home on Satuday, quick turn round for Scotton 100 on Sunday in rather challenging conditions. Big well done to Dave & team for putting this fantastic event on! As soon as I got home from Scotton we were off in the camper van to Gargrave for a couple of days Dales touring on the tandem with some nice lumpy bits. The ride over Stainforth, past Peny Ghent and down into Halton Gill has to be one of the finest rides in the county. Yorkshire Dales scenery at its best! Suzie's back has been playing up but she did a grand job stoking up the 20% climb out of Stainforth and we were rewarded by a fine 40mph descent. Exhilerating! Home now, work tomorrow and amongst other things sorting out the UK's first women specific conference at the Knavesmire on 30th April, TdY and City Cyclocross taking place in Rowntrees Park on 13 June. Plenty going on!

Finally a big plea. Your club needs you, ( in a General Kitchener finger pointing way). The SPOCO TT series starts soon but the events can't go ahead without organisers and marshalls. We have tried to make it as easy as possible with the spreadsheet accessed by the front page of the web site AND don't forget the discount incentives at Your bike shed!!

Cheers David :D :D