Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by stevesavage Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:17 pm
The last Spoco of the season is this Thursday but that doesn't mean you have to hang up your tri-bars or throw away your Mavic disc wheels as
there are a number of local events that continue through August and into September:

7 August - Harrogate Nova Triangle Trophy 12.5 miles around Buttersyke-Pool-Harewood Bridge 7.30pm

Fulford Cycles Evening League
8 August - Milby-Cundall-Asenby-Dishforth 13 miles 7pm
15 August - Ripley-Markington 8.5 miles
22 August - V212 Arkendale Lane End-Walshford 10 miles
plus 3 hill climbs in September
Anyone can enter on a private trials basis £1 on the night. I rode one event a few weeks back and it was a nice friendly low-key event like our series.

http://www.fulfordcycles.com/html/sponsorship.html

Seacroft Wheelers
16 August 2up 10 on V318 near Tadcaster
23 August 3up 10 on V318
30 August Hilly 11 on V162 near Thorner

I think it would be fun to get a team (or several) together for these.

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/leaguecalendarrules2007.pdf

If you know of any more local events please add them here.

by Dave B Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Hmm....the Triangle Trophy is definitely tempting, as it's not very far from home for me. Is it an entry-on-the-day club-level event like our Thursday TTs, or a fully-open one one needing formal entry with CTT paperwork? Just wondered, as not having ridden any proper open events for ages, I don't have any good recent results that would allow me to make the start sheet in a well-subscribed open event run under formal CTT rules.

Dave B

by nige gos Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:31 am
i'm sure it's a private t/t and payable on night - def not rttc event.

i'm thinking of doing the weds event ( milby one ) next week and if
anyone one wants a laugh could do the thurs seacroft week after -
the 3 up - charlie ? anyone ? low key no pressure :)

by Dave B Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 am
Thanks for the follow-up - looks like it might be worth a go. It's on the list that Steve linked to on the Fulford Cycles site together with a contact number, so might do a bit of phoning and investigate further.

Dave B

by nickb Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:47 am
Im well up for the 2 and 3ups! Wanted to do one for ages! Im glad there's more events to do in august

by EltonA Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:57 pm
I'd deffo be up for some of these. I don't drive though so I would need to cadge a lift but will happily pay for any petrol/diesel/alcohol.

Did I just say alcohol?

:D

Elt

by Arthur Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:10 am
I fancy the two up Tad 10. Anyone want to do it with me? I'll be on a road bike so it'd be best if whoever I ride with isn't on a low-pro :)

by MichaelCarter Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:13 am
yep I'll do it with you Arthur.

Michael

by stevesavage Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:13 pm
I think I will ride the Markington circuit tomorrow - it might have even stopped raining by then! Any takers?

So whose definate for the 2up on Thursday? So far we have interest from Nigel, Nick, Arthur, Michael, Elton and me. Any one else fancy having a go? As Nigel says low key, no pressure, just a bit of fun to round off the season.

I can give 1/2 people a lift (providing one bike can fit in the boot).

by Arthur Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 am
I've had to bail as I'm still not over my cold. Not enough to do a 2up anyway.

by nickb Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:56 pm
waiting for confirmation from steve w for tommorow 2up. Steve (S), who are you riding it with?

by MichaelCarter Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:18 pm
If anyone needs a partner let me know (last individual flat 10mile TT time 25:38). Could you email me on mcarter@yorkcollege.ac.uk before the end of wed so I know to bring my stuff in. Cheers.

Michael

by SteveWood Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:24 pm
Ok. Me and nick b are riding as a pair :lol: .......any one else riding tommorow night.

by stevesavage Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:24 am
Just emailed Michael but suspect it might be too late. I'll definately turn up tonight so if anyone fancies a ride, otherwise I'll just ride solo.

I rode the Markington circuit last night. Nice sunny evening and a good hilly course. Managed to miss a turn (no marshall or sign) but still came 4th.

by stevesavage Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:14 pm
We were 3up last night but unfortunately a week early. Nick and Steve did a good ride with 23:40 (IIRC) and I did 24:15 solo. It was cool and breezy but good fun!