Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by nickb Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:00 pm
Wasn't a nice evening at all, very windy and i came back with sore throat and cold like symptoms! Felt like rubbish. Not the nicest course to ride but good fun, im surprised there aren't more as they're a little different. Not sure a 3up on that course would be too safe though...

by Rob Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm
stevesavage wrote:We were 3up last night but unfortunately a week early. Nick and Steve did a good ride with 23:40 (IIRC) and I did 24:15 solo. It was cool and breezy but good fun!

What does "IIRC" mean? Something Road Club?

by PhilBixby Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:38 pm
"If I Recall Correctly" - honestly Rob, get with the lingo dude! 8)

by Rob Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:18 pm
:lol:

I've been following a thread on the discussion board for Southampton FC supporters all summer (I know, not many posts); about transfer rumours. Title was "HCDAJFU". Its taken me all summer to work out that it stands for He Could Do A Job For US... or it may just be something rude, who knows....

TTFN

R

by stevesavage Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:17 pm
Dave B and myself rode the Seacroft Wheelers Hilly 11 at Thorner last night. I'd not ridden the circuit before and really enjoyed it. Its a good sporting circuit although with a typical West Yorkshire road surface.

Results here http://www.seacroftwheelers.co.uk/results.htm

by Dave B Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:19 am
Seconded - it's a good course and I certainly enjoyed the event even if my time wasn't brilliant. Bit windy on the exposed bit near the start/finish area, but the trade-off was a useful tailwind on the far side of the course!

Dave B