Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue May 09, 2006 2:44 pm
Guess you've all heard by now about the proposed change to the Highway Code suggesting that we use cycle lanes where necessary, allowing road traffic offenders to claim contributory negligence when they hurt us....

I got the following email from the CTC suggesting that we now petition the Consultation Process directly. They give a suggested format which I've not used as I believe it dilutes the impact by lumping this in with a load of other issues, but you can find it on the link if you wish. [b]The consultation closes tomorrow.[/b]

[i]Dear supporter,

Thank you again for taking part in our campaign to influence the latest revisions to the Highway Code. Over 11,000 cyclists have now contacted their MPs about the proposed changes – a fantastic response!

We are now asking for your support with the second stage of the campaign – indeed, your MP may already have suggested that you do this.Please could you take a few moments to send off a formal response to the Driving Standards Agency’s consultation process? To help you, we have drawn up a suggested “template” response picking out some of the key points we will be making in our own full-length response. This is attached to this email, or alternatively it can be downloaded from our Highway Code campaign webpage. All you need to do is to cut-and-paste the contents into an email, add your name and contact details and send it to publications.dsa@safedriving.org.uk. If you would like to personalise your submission, our full-length response will be downloadable from this same webpage a little later this evening – by all means add points from it if they strike you as important.

Please note that the deadline for submissions is Wednesday the 10th of May – next Wednesday – so please get your submissions in as quickly as possible.

Please could you copy our Transport Campaigner Adam Coffman into any submissions that you send. His email is adam.coffman@ctc.org.uk. He is also the person to contact with any questions that you may have about our campaign.

All these campaigns are funded by CTC members’ subscriptions. If you don’t join we can’t fight campaigns like this on your behalf. Join today are receive an additional 3 months membership free, simply call 0870 873 0061 and quote ectc or click here.

Thank you once again for your involvement.

Richard George

CTC Off-Road Policy Campaigner
[/i]