Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:04 am
Anyone game?
Will try to devise a route to avoid too much bog-snorkling, but come prepared for a muddy ride.
1900 from Conetsthorpe x-roads.....

by MarkA Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:27 am
Committed elsewhere i am afraid
But can offer some info on state of trails
Managed to get out for a couple of hours at the weekend
80% of it is good
Mother nature is conspiring though with nettles etc to trap those detouring round the gloopy bits which themselves are often hidden in bottom of ruts and deep enough to catch the unwary
The only section to avoid is after crossing the coneys rd - ironically the drop down is fine but v overgrown at bottom
And the detour section around the yappy dog farm is chewed up completely
Have fun

by MarkA Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:43 am
Stop Press
Race for Life postponed again
So i can make it!

by Rob Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am
Mark, do you know what its like now going W on the northern ridge - there's was bad damage from tree felling equipment a couple of weeks ago?

by MarkA Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:29 am
Sorry don't know
I climbed out the back of coneys which did have a strange desolate feel to it - no trees as you say - and wasn't too muddy but then turned right (east) at the top

by Chris Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:56 am
Count me in.

Now I have my bike up here its crying out to get filthy!

Would I need lights? (because I left them back in London)

by Rob Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:57 pm
No lights required. Just plan on 90 mins or so of riding.
R

by Chris Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:59 am
Where EXACTLY are we meeting? Is it here 54.132830, -0.918750 ? (paste it into google maps)

Are there places to park?

Are we going ahead rain or shine? I don't have the internet at home (yet) so could you text/call me on 07804451870 if plans change!

Cya later
Chris

by Rob Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:32 am
Drive N up Castle Howard Drive, past the monument and that big needle thing. Lake on the right just before Coneysthorpe x-roads. Just before the junction there's a large lay-by come car park on the left. Meet there. Its about 100m south of your google grid reference.

I'll be there unless its apocalyptic.

by Chris Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:04 am
Can I have your number just in case something happens to me like getting lost, being attacked by cows, or just generally something that stops me getting there.

by Rob Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:46 am
I've sent you my number by pm.

There are no cows around there, but the sheep can be a bit touchy.

See you there

R

by Rob Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:38 am
Good ride last night, thanks for the company!