Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by ClaireG Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:53 pm
Hello There!
A reminder for your 1st Sunday in October - Clifton Club Hill Climb:

When: Sunday 5th October
Start: Bishop Wilton at 11am.
Entry: On the Line as for Club SPOCO Events. £3 Senior; Junior/Concessions £1
(You must be a paid up member of Clifton CC or a CTT-affiliated Club to ride - you may be asked to show proof of this - you can join on the day: £20 Senior; £5 Under 18 / Concessions)

The climb is the minor road which goes up from the village X-roads to join the A166. Finish just prior to the junction.
Max gradient 20%, distance 1.2 Km
(time of ride is somewhere between 5m30s & 10mins :) )

There are several Club trophies up for grabs, including separate category for riding MTB, but mainly if you feel like having a go, having a blast, then come along....

Remember Junior is Under 18yrs and minimum age for CTT-organised events is 12yrs (with signed Parental Consent Forms).

Depart 09-30 from the Square for those riding out together or meet there at Bishop Wilton village cross roads (for safety & visibility, please do not park at the start or on the course - find a verge off the road of the hill climb - Ta)

See you there
Claire & Robert

Our Club Hill Climb is usually a small (but select!) field and so I hope should be no issue for anyone to enter, but worth acknowledging the Club Event Entry etiquette:
1. Max number of riders we're allowed for CTT-organised Club Events is 40.
2. Clifton members priority sign on. This priority will last until 10-40am. Can join on the day
3. Any rider who is a member of a CTT Club is welcome to ride and at 10-40am entry opens to all, up to a max of 40 riders
by ClaireG Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:41 am
Thanks to Dave & Andy for volunteering to help in this event on Sunday.

Ideally could do with 1 more Helper to assist Robert & Dave C at the top of the Hill, near the junction with the A166, just to warn any vehicles of the event taking place.

If you can help us out, please let me know.
You can get a lift up the Climb if required as Robert will take the car to the top.

Cheers
Claire
by EricS Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:25 pm
Hi Claire,

I'd like to take a crack at doing the hill climb and would also be happy to help out with the event, so if you can do without me for a few minutes while I'm riding, you can add me to the volunteer list. I'll be riding out to the start from the Square with the 9:30 crowd.

Eric
by ClaireG Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm
Hi Eric & Steen,
Thanks to you both for your volunteering. That will be great.

I'll send a Marshall's bib up to the top, Eric, for you to help out with Steen once you regain consciousness :wink:

From what I hear, taking a 'crack' at the hill climb is maybe an unfortunate descriptor, but I am very pleased to hear that you are back en velo :D

Thanks again, it is more than half the job done for the organiser when there are willing volunteers - Cheers!

See you all on Sunday
C&R