Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Rob Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:05 pm
Sunday 31st August - Tan Hill
0730 start from The Square.
The usual Sunday Gang strategy is for two sit down stops, bringing us back sometime between 6 and 7pm. You're welcome to ride to your own plan - but please let me know what you're doing. I'll have a few photocopied maps in The Square. As its getting dark around 8 at the moment, a couple of LEDs would be sensible in case we have a few adventures (it's been known). Its about 143 miles Square to Square depending on exact route choice up the vale and 3 points. Quote from Mac a few years back: "... if I don't make it, just lay me by the side of the road, it's beautiful up there and I've packed my shroud!"

Sunday 7th September - The Fleak
0800 start from The Square
My timetabling could have been better here as its the same direction as Tan Hill - I'll chart as many different lanes as possible though. 200km. Suggest a 1 stop strategy (bring plenty of carbohydrate in your pockets). Found this ride deceptively hard last year and good value for its 2 points.

That's the last bonkers long ride for a while, promise.

Sunday 14th September - A Dirty Clubrun
Something a little different. A short clubrun around the Howardian Hills, but picking up a few tracks and bridlepaths as well as quite a bit of tarmac. You could put some wider tyres on your winter bike, dust down your cross bike, or come on your mtb. All will be a compromise somewhere. Will probably be less than 50 miles and I'll find a tolerant cafe.... Back to the normal start time of 0900. No points! I reserve the right to change plans if the weather forecast looks grim.

What a club this is!

R