Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by AndyM Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:35 pm
Hi folks!

In September I'm riding the Deloitte Ride Across Britain - the 969 mile trip from Land's End to John O'Groats in 9 days. I’m doing this to raise money for hearing loss research taking place at the University of Sheffield. Hearing loss is a major public health issue that currently cannot be cured. More than 10 million people in the UK have some level of hearing loss.

I'd be incredibly grateful if you could help me out by sponsoring me through my Just Giving page, where you can also find a bit more info about this great cause, and the challenge itself.

I will also be running a few fundraising events, including a cake stall and a charity gig.

The cake stall will be on Saturday the 30th of August, in Askham Richard Village Hall, between noon and 4pm, where you will find tea, coffee and an assortment of cakes. It's the perfect place to stop off after your Saturday ride, or if you're after somewhere a bit closer to York to stop for a mid-ride snack! There's a pub next door too if you'd like something more substantial, and then you can pop across to fill up on cake afterwards! :)

The gig is still a work in progress, so I will post details when they are finalised.

In the meantime, thanks very much for reading this and also for your incredible generosity if you choose to donate :)