Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by NickScull Tue May 02, 2006 6:00 pm
The suggestion was to start a new thread each week. By my reckoning we are due to meet tomorrow. I will do all I can to get there and will be coming straight from work.

Have you got any route planned, Rob, or should I get the old OS maps out?

Nick

by Rob Tue May 02, 2006 7:04 pm
I can't make it tomorrow night, but have already asked Mark if he could do the honours.

If it were down to me I'd set off from the rendez-vous towards Terrington on the road then fork R at the top of the hill. Head N to join the Millenium Way. Follow the Millenium Way W to the Hovingham Road. Go N on the road then very sharp R up a track at the edge of Hov. This takes you up to some woodland on the ridge. There's a track down a sharp descent then a climb back up onto the ridge. You can follow the ridge then as long as you like and take your pick when to turn S for the car.

But that's just my suggestion - up to you guys.

Sigh, wish I could be there..... :(

by steph Wed May 03, 2006 7:33 am
I'm planning on being there tonight. I'm riding out from York unless anyone has any other suggestions.

by Arthur Wed May 03, 2006 8:25 am
I can't make it tonight I'm afraid.

Steph - I've emailed you Mark A's contact details since he's driving out.

by MarkA Wed May 03, 2006 10:14 am
Sounds like you chaps have got it all sorted out

Just to confirm: meet at 7pm by the Big Lake

I will definitely be there

I think Steph has first call on a lift this week - aim to leave the groves c. 6:30

by steph Wed May 03, 2006 1:54 pm
Cheers, but where is/are the groves?

by steph Wed May 03, 2006 2:19 pm
got it, thanks!

by Rob Thu May 04, 2006 7:45 am
How did it go then?
Good ride?
It looked a fine evening!

by MarkA Thu May 04, 2006 1:02 pm
>>How did it go?

More excellent than words can express.

Hooked up with Steph ok and met Nick patrolling the lakeside.

Nick lead most of the night having researched the suggested route - much appreciated.

Route was excellent - a future classic. Happy to repeat next week so you don't miss out.

Boys had an off each. Nicks was quite spectacular and then i toppled over right in front of him in the middle of a bog.

All kit in wash. Bike in disgrace in the shed.