Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by mikeh Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:15 pm
Hi All,

Just a brief posting to thank everyone those Clifton members I saw, and those I missed, whilst riding in the Power Peloton for Marie Curie Cancer Care on Stage 1 of the Tour de France on Saturday.

Your support really helped, and after a 2.50am alarm call and 4am start, in rain bouncing off the road, your support kept my concentration levels up!

I am very unlikely to experience anything like the ride I had on Saturday ever again. This was real Tour de France stuff. From the lonely desolate start, to the bureaucracy of such an event, through fighting up the climbs past those looking for a position to watch the pro's, to the final unbelievable finish. The whole day surpassed my expectations.

I felt so good after the finish I rode home on near empty roads from Harrogate! What a day of cycling.

A full write up will be prepared for the Cliftonite. I hope I can edit it down to 2 or 3 volumes!

Thanks again. My total fundraising has topped £20,000 and looks likely to push over the £21,000 mark.

www.justgiving.com/mjdhughes