Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:39 am
Weather forecast isn't exactly a scorcher for this evening but it could be worse - who's up for Team Clifton on the Kirby Hill circuit this evening? Arthur - 5:45 as usual? Likewise anyone else who fancies riding out?

by SteveWood Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 am
I was really looking forward to tonight, but im getting over a knee injury at the moment. Gonna miss tonight but should be back in action shortly.....

by PhilBixby Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 am
Hope the knee sorts out, Steve. Just checked previous thread and seen Arthur's away and Ian's marshalling.

by nickb Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:37 pm
how did tonight go? i didn't ride cos noone seemed to be going! my legs still felt sore from wkend :oops: so saved some money and went for a normal ride!

by paulM Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:13 pm
Had the Paul Kay Mem RR entered for Wed night so was having a night off. Start sheet only arrived this morning so all looked ok - organiser rang tonight to say race was postponed as part of the course had washed away.
Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

by Andy J Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:37 pm
sorry guys but couldnt make tonight, the missus had me decorating and no amount of browne points was gonna get me out of it, hope all those who rode had a good race

by PhilBixby Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:55 am
Race report:-

Well, the Team Clifton chances in the Airedale Shield took a bit of a knock as we only fielded two riders last night! Ian was marshalling, Paul B and I started. Small-ish field (about 30?) for six laps of the Kirby Hill circuit on a bright, breezy evening. Dry roads although there was one bit of flooding, which Ian was marshalling!

Arthur and Muzzy will be pleased to hear I got set off in the third group (and Paul in the scratch group), got almost immediately dropped as there were only four of us, and latched onto the scratch group. Paul packed a couple of laps in, but the rest of us pulled back all of the earlier groups by about halfway. The usual attempts to get clear were all just about pulled back by the final climb. I got 9th. Full results should be up on the series website today; Chevin got a bunch of riders in the top ten, and their fully-kitted out team bus also cut a dash.

Two weeks! Aldeborough circuit! As Brenda Beldon said to me at signing-on, "where's your lot then? There's silverware to be 'ad, you know!"

by PhilBixby Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 pm
CLUB PLACINGS FOR AIREDALE OLYMPIC "TED BELL" SHIELD
RACE 1 RACE 2 RACE 3 RACE 4 RACE 5 RACE 6 RACE 7 RACE 8 TOTAL

YRC 1 0 3 2 1 1 8 PLACINGS AT 5 RACES
CLIFTON CC 0 1 0 3 3 1 8 PLACINGS AT 4 RACES
TEAM CHEVIN 1 1 0 0 0 3 5
OBRI-COACHING 0 1 1 1 0 1 4
BOB JACKSON 0 1 0 1 1 0 3
AIREDALE 1 0 0 0 0 1 2
BONESHAKERS 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
BATLEY CC 0 1 1 0 0 0 2