Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by billyg Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 am
Are you a club rider?

Do you go out on the Saturday club ride, maybe with the K group?

Or are you thinking about riding a sportive?

Would you like some coaching on how to ride in a group, whether it is out on a club ride or riding a sportive?
Or maybe you just want to build your confidence riding in a group with other riders around you.

If there is enough interest I will run a 1hr coaching session over a 6 week period on a Monday night 7.30pm – 8.30pm. Sessions will start 9th June and run for 6 weeks at York Sports Village closed road cycle circuit.

These sessions will be at a moderate pace, 12 – 15mph and you will learn group riding skills, communication and safety within the group.

Cost will be £5 per 1hr session with a max of 12 riders per session.

The ideal would be for you to sign up to all 6 sessions but sometimes life gets in the way of our cycling. I would recommend that you sign up for a minimum of 3 sessions to get the benefits of the coaching. They can be spread over the 6 weeks but with only 12 places available per session then places can be at a premium.

Coaching will be led by Billy Geraghty who is a British Cycling Level 3 Road/TT Licensed Coach and a British Cycling level 2 Track Coach.

If you are interested then please e-mail me on torryloon53@sky.com