Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:16 pm
Veteran contingent calling youngsters - how did you all get on at the Sloan trophy?

by damo Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm
i raced in essex today did ecca festival 135 km road race just cam ein the front group 2-3 riders skipped off the front in the couple corners. was rather chilly down there too

by Rob Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:46 pm
Youngsters (ha ha) calling the veteran contingent, how did you get on?

by PhilBixby Mon May 01, 2006 8:44 am
Nigel Warnes and I flew the flag for the old codgers in the A1 Classic at Boroughbridge, both of us in the 60 mile Group A/B race (40-44 & 45-49yo). It was good fun, various small breaks went up the road but each got dragged back within a lap or two. Nigel had one of his contact lenses blow out early in the race and spent the rest of it looking at people strangely. The final bunch sprint was slightly chaotic as we caught the last-lap break on the way to the line and hence had to negotiate riders apparently standing still! I picked a characteristically confused path through it all and came about 15th, just missing out on the prizes-down-to-4th for the B's (placings in vets races are done by age group, just to keep it fair, but confusing). Nigel wasn't far behind, which I reckon was good going for a one-eyed bloke in only his second vets RR.

by PhilBixby Mon May 01, 2006 10:39 am
From the BC website:-

RESULT
1. Andy Oliver, AlpineRootz.com 02:35:20
2. Nathan Wilson, Cottingham Coureurs st
3. Richard Moore, Star Bikes RT st
4. Robert Ormrod, Gosforth RC st
5. Kevin Stuart, Leeds ST Christopher st
6. Adam Roberston, VC Azzurri st
7. Patrick Deane, Unattached st
8. Richard Allen, Edinburgh BC st
9. Chris Wade, Ellis Briggs RT st
10. Lee Dixon, Barnesley RC st
11. Nick Rylance, Wakefield RC st
12. Matthew Garnett, Gosforth RC st
13. Ronnie Batey, VC Azzurri st
14. Richard Robinson, Cherry Valley RT st
15. Kit Gilham, Clifton CC/York st

But come on lads, we want gossip! Drama! Tales of derring do!

Well done Kit, btw!

by Paul B Mon May 01, 2006 1:19 pm
Not a lot to report really! Break of 5 went away but never got more than 45 seconds, and anything else got shut down immediately. Eventually came down to a bunch sprint with Kit getting 15th and myself a few places back.

by Rob Mon May 01, 2006 1:45 pm
Yes, well done Kit and Paul - but which race was that?

by PhilBixby Mon May 01, 2006 2:04 pm
Sloan Trophy, Ponteland, BC Cat 2/3/4 (or "Regional A" as they're now known)