Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by like my bike Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:37 pm
Anyone watching the racing Bradley W. had a good Prologue think he finished 6th or so apparantly last year he finished 64th.

Impressed with Tom B he has some power.

Its on Eurosport 1.45 Live :)

A J

by PhilBixby Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Will be interesting to see how Boonen goes as the race progresses - whether he's becoming a broader-based stage racer or whether he's just good in sprints and one-day races. They'll be up in the hills in a couple of days!
by like my bike Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:54 am
Did you see the weater yesterday, I've never seen pro's racing in winter capes before it looked bloody cold! Did the two breakaway riders make it to the finish ? My Sky + stoped before the race finished !

A J

by PhilBixby Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:21 pm
Caught them at 6km to go, apparently - www.cyclingnews.com for full report. It was appalling weather for Paris-Nice last year too I seem to remember, with some stages being shortened. As a regular summer visitor to central southern France it's hard to imagine the place under a couple of feet of snow. Good luck to 'em - we'll probably get our share come Sunday and the Neil White Pursuit up at Stokesley!

by Arthur Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:55 pm
The one and only time I've done the Neil White there was snow in the fields and everyone was racing in tights, multiple tops and overshoes. Brrr.

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:48 pm
"...interesting to see how Boonen goes as the race progresses..."

Five and a half minutes down on the first stage with hills - oh well. Mind you just about everybody seems to be saying they're just there for training as it's early in the season. Is anyone actually trying to win?!?
by stevesavage Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:38 pm
If you have Freeview there is a highlights programme on ITV4 tomorrow night (Friday 17) 7pm-8pm.

by Rob Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:16 am
Thanks for the useful tip Steve.

We videoed it and watched it last night. Great roads around Nice!

Was wondering.... since ITV have the TdF and (I think) Societe de Tour de France organise Paris-Nice.... does that mean we'll get Roubiax also?

Or am I getting the wrong end of the wish-bone?