Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by paulM Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:57 pm
I'm planning to do a 4hr ride with Charlie this Sunday - possibly around the Wolds but we'll see what the day brings? It'll be brisk but nothing crazy. Anyone else up for it so I can sit in a bit?
Usual place Exhibition Square at 0900.

by charlie Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Nearly thirty views of this thread and its still only paul and me going. Does that tell us something about our popularity?

by like my bike Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:59 pm
Are you heading towards stamford bridge then if so I'll meet up Swordsman at 9.30.

Any takers from East Riding riders?

A J

by Arthur Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:03 pm
I shall be walking in the Dales on holiday, probably in the ****ing rain :) Think of me.

by Iain M Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:27 am
I've DNSed on a 25 in Cheshire today (because of the impending heavy rain), so should be up for the ride tomorrow.

by paulM Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 am
Ok as things stand we will head out towards Stamford Br and meet any E Yorks punters at the Swordsman. The rain will have to be of Biblical proportions for me not to be there as its my only chance of a ride since last Tuesday!

by nickb Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:49 pm
i shall be riding.

by Rob Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 pm
I like the positive language in this thread - "I will be riding". That's the spirit.

I'll be in The Square for the clubrun. Will shorten the ride if it gets really nasty.

According to the Met Office its currently chucking it down, but a glance out the window says otherwise - shows you what they know eh? :roll:

by nickb Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:47 pm
chucking it down now though! BBC weather is saying sunny spells and showers tommorrow, also warmer than today which has been pretty humid so we'll be OK!

by MarkA Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:35 pm
I hope you chaps made it back before 3pm?

by Dave B Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:30 am
[quote]I hope you chaps made it back before 3pm?[/quote]

Noticed whilst I was out around Wetherby and Harewood around that sort of time yesterday that there were extremely grim-looking clouds further east, not to mention hearing the odd rumble of thunder (mostly whilst I was stuck in flattish countryside near Sicklinghall dealing with a puncture, which made me a tad nervous!). Bit damp over here in Wharfedale, but not a bad afternoon for a ride.

Dave B