Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by charlie Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:39 am
Awesome ride by Jamie - I think he really wanted that one after last week! Thanks to those who organised/marshalled last night, that was not nice weather. Special thanks to Dave B for his epic marshalling stint!

by Dave B Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am
Given the lumpiness of the course and the rotten weather last night, some good times there on the results list. Fingers crossed for a few dry evenings in the remaining events!

Dave B

by paulM Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:41 am
Thanks Charlie and yes special thanks to Dave B for a marshalling stint that was above and beyond the call of duty.
Charlie - do you still have your number? if so can you bring it tomorrow if you're out?

by Arthur Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Was Jamie on a plain road bike same as last week?

by SteveWood Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:32 pm
I think he was, cause he passed me and it looked like he was down in the drops most of the time.

by Arthur Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:07 pm
That makes it an even more impressive time then!

by nige gos Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:43 pm
i'm at work for one of the events ( 12hr nights ) so the titles yours
charlie - well done !!!!!

by paulM Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:54 pm
Yes Arthur, Jamie was on a plain black road bike - quite nice though.

Congratulations to Charlie who after his 12 hr mountain bike endurance event this weekend can be block-booked for marshalling stints!

Commiserations to Nigel especially having to work 12hr nights. Looks like that puncture in the last "10" cost you a crack at the title?

Arthur - I think we are justified in tweeking the rules slightly mid season - the DNF's should still count as a qualfying ride and be given a token 1 point, if they only attend 7 events - rather like with the TLI road races - afterall they don't get their money back. Nigels is a case in point - bad luck, work commitments and the fact he has already marshalled will have cost him a chance of the title. At least if we include his DNF, it may give him a chance of some prize money - otherwise he is committed to riding & finishing the other 3 events to make up the 7. Several other riders have DNF'd this year - I think they should also be included if they only manage to finish 6 events?

by Arthur Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Fine by me - it's your series and that makes sense. I'll have to ponder how to alter the scoring to make it work though!