Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:57 am
Message from Ian Holmes (who some of you may know from the Thursday night TTs):

I am currently working to muster up marshals and helpers from the area for the Premier Calendar Ryedale Grand Prix Peter Longbottom Memorial Road Race to be held on Sunday 24th of June. I was hoping that you might be able to circulate this request among members of Clifton CC. Mick McCormick has already kindly agreed to help with this marshalling and last year Mark Antrobus helped out too. Perhaps some of your club members knew Peter Longbottom and might like to help out at this memorial event.

There is also the added incentive those riders who are interested in this and are riding the Ryedale Rumble sportiv event on the Saturday then their entry fee will be refunded for anybody helping out on the Sunday. Entries are still pen for the Rumble too should there be anybody not yet entered.

The events of the weekend are all part of the Yorkshire festival of cycling and there are lots of other cycling related activities taking place at Duncombe Park on the Sunday.

I would appreciate it if you could distribute this request among your fellow club members in support of the weekend.

If any further detail is required then please contact me at ian.holmes@ebce.co.uk or on my mobile number ( 07989 346474)

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Ian

by paulM Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:51 pm
Just to push this one back to the top - Ian is still looking for volunteers to marshall. I am racing elsewhere but otherwise would help out. It is an excellant way to see the race and could be combined with a ride out. Please let Ian know if you can offer your support. I think you get a packed lunch thrown in!