Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by Dave B Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:57 pm
Does the club kit supplier do one-offs or is it a case of waiting for the next bulk order? Having rejoined, I've still to acquire a new-style short-sleeved jersey (Cycle Heaven had a few whilst I was last over in York, but not in my size).

Dave B

P.S. What's the current price of said jersey for club members?

by PhilBixby Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:25 am
Hi Dave, Drapesmeister here.

The kit's made by a firm in Portugal. They can, in theory, do one-offs or small runs but they charge a 50% surcharge, which makes it pretty prohibitive. I do a bulk order every six months (so it's mainly either winter kit or summer kit) - the next one will be put together in Sept/Oct. Mind you, if there are lots of you out there needing summer kit then let me know, and I'll see if we've enough to put together a quickie.

The prices that CH should be charging members for summer kit are £25.70 for S/S jerseys, £35.36 for L/S jerseys, and £31.25 for bibshorts. This is cost plus 5% handling plus UK VAT; prices to members via a direct order are cost price. Incidentally, don't rely on the coloured tabs on the hangers for sizing - sizes are printed on the garments and are 8 (small), 9 (med), 10 (large) and 11 (XL).

by Arthur Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:49 am
I'd like some more kit (skinsuit) + some winter gear

by Dave B Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:06 pm
Thanks Phil - will drop you a line in a few months if an autumn order is on the cards.

Dave B