Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to talk about anything! Want to find someone to ride with? Get help on mending things? Organise lifts?

Moderator: Moderators

by MarkA Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 am
I need at least 4 preferably 5 volunteers for this Thurs

2 to assist at start finish

And at least 2 marshalls preferably 3 on the course

If anyone is interested in time keeping etc am happy to have you looking over my shoulder - particularly if you tell me the riders numbers as they flash past :)

The reason i suggest an extra marshall out on the course is to avoid issues with jokers messing with signs and spoiling peoples evenings

I dont think it is too much to expect regular riders to offer to help at one or two events. If we all do our share then we can keep these events running and safe.

Please either post offers of help here, drop me a line or give me ring on 01904 621550

Mark Antrobus

PS If you cant make this week dont feel left out - also taking offers of assistance for next week!

by Rob Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 am
Mark,

Given the numbers that have been riding these events I was sort of hoping that you'd have had some volunteers from amongst their number by now. :shock: :( . If you reach total desperation then either me or Claire (but only one of us) can chip in - but I'll be disappointed as we ran the first two events and have no intention of competing in any. I'll need to know today though.

This constant nagging at our members to help is a real shame - we've not had to do this for some years and it spoils things for everyone. Not sure what the answer is. I know Steve for one is keen that we put a rule in for next year that you must help in at least two events to qualify for the series. Sounds fair, but in an ideal world it wouldn't be necessary.

Well done and thanks to all of you have helped already!!

Rob

by PhilBixby Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:55 am
I'm with Steve on this one - the Boroughbridge TLI RR series requires you to marshal one event if you expect to contest the overall series; you get maximium points for the one you marshal, and you book it in advance.

I'm back on daughter duty this Thursday, sorry I can't help.

by IanH Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 am
Mark just to confirm after my phone call that I will see you at 7pm to collect my Marshal bib to marshal the first corner of the course.

by ChrisC Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:41 am
Ill help with this weeks one, that will be my two duties done.

Thanks
Chris

by MarkA Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 am
Thanks Ian

Thanks also to Cath who is riding but offered to help next week

I could really do with at least one more, preferably two volunteers

by A Atkin Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:47 am
I'll help too, see you all Thurs. A

by MarkA Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:05 am
Thanks to Chris and Anthony

I think we now have enough help

by MarkA Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 pm